Flying Aircraft

Auster AOP Mk9 - XR244 (G-CICR)

The Auster Mk9 started to replace the Auster Mk6 in 1956 and continued in service for a further ten years during which time the AOP Squadrons had been absorbed into the Army Air Corps. More..

 

De Havilland Beaver AL Mk1 - XP820 (G-CICP)

XP820 was issued to the Army Air Corps (AAC) in October 1961 and was immediately shipped to the Far East for service with 11 Flight, 656 Light Aircraft Squadron AAC. More..

Agusta Bell Sioux AH Mk1 - XT131 (G-CICN)

The Agusta Bell Sioux AH Mk1, affectionately referred to as the 'clockwork mouse', was from the first batch of fifty ordered by the Army Air Corps and built by Agusta SpA at Gallerate in Italy in 1964. More..

Westland Scout AH Mk1 - XT626 (G-CIBW)

XT626 served from 1963 until the late 1980s, seeing out service with the Territorial Army at Netheravon. More..

Non-Flying Aircraft

De Havilland Chipmunk T10 - WD325

The most recent aircraft to join the Army Historic Aircraft Flight (AHAF) was the De Havilland Chipmunk T10, WD 325. The Chipmunk holds many fond memories for all Army pilots. More..

Saunders Roe Skeeter AOP Mk12 - XL812 (G-SARO)

On 18th January 1957 the first Army Skeeter was collected from Eastleigh and flown to Middle Wallop. However, despite being a delight to fly, the aircraft's service was short-lived owing to limited engine performance and no external load capability. More..

De Havilland Tiger Moth D1182A - EM840 (G-ANBY)

The Historic Aircraft Flight have now acquired the De Havilland Tiger Moth EM820 that belonged to the Assault Glider Trust. The aircraft was previously kept at RAF Shawbury. More..